01/31/2024 | Zombie Vampire Veterinarian Moms
- View details about this training topic
- This training takes place live at explorationsearlylearning.com via the Zoom meeting platform
- To receive a valid Certificate Of Completion, you must attend the entire event with your video on, participate, and submit an evaluation after the session
- Trainings are recorded for archival purposes
- Learn about navigating trainings
- Browse our training FAQs
Weapons, rough-and-tumble, superhero, death, and similar types of play often get a bad rap in early learning settings. Attempts are made to restrict and outright ban these types of play because they are loud, rowdy, aggressive, violent-looking, and can make adults uncomfortable. The problem is such play is ripe with learning possibilities and developmental benefits. Based on ideas from our book, Let Them Play, this session looks at the positive side of the play that makes adults uncomfortable and offers suggestions for embracing and supporting it instead of trying to ban it.
- Understand why the types of play that make adults uncomfortable are beneficial
- Examine their feelings about, and experiences with, these ‘uncomfortable’ types of play
- Leave with ideas for managing and supporting such play
Date, Time, And Length
Start Time: 7:00pm Central Time, USA.
(Eastern 8:00pm | Mountain 6:00pm | Pacific 5:00pm )
Length: 60 minutes