03/20/2024 | Understanding Play Schema Theory
- View details about this training topic
- This training takes place live at explorationsearlylearning.com via the Zoom meeting platform
- To receive a valid Certificate Of Completion, you must attend the entire event with your video on, participate, and submit an evaluation after the session
- Trainings are recorded for archival purposes
- Learn about navigating trainings
- Browse our training FAQs
Have you ever met a child who repeatedly dumped containers of toys, threw everything they could get their hands on, or loved hanging upside down? These repeated patterns of behavior are examples of play schemas. Understanding these schemas provides insight into why kids do such things. This self-paced, on-demand training investigates 11 common play schemas and ways to support them in an early learning setting. It also looks at why a deeper understanding of schemas can improve interactions with children–and learning.
- Learn how a deeper knowledge of play schema theory can improve interactions with children
- Investigate 11 common play schemas
- Explore ways to support schema play in early learning settings
Date, Time, And Length
Start Time: 7:00pm Central Time, USA.
(Eastern 8:00pm | Mountain 6:00pm | Pacific 5:00pm )
Length: 60 minutes