Building Better Block Play
This session looks at re-energizing your block play area with playful props, thoughtful polices, and appropriate support. We will also dig into the wide and deep learning block play promotes.
- Leave with ideas for re-energizing their block play area with additional materials
- Understand how to better support block play
- Leave with a better understanding of the learning that takes place in the block play area
Beginner / Intermediate
Competency Areas vary by region. Below are the competency area for this session in different regions with which we work:
- Alabama | Learning Experiences And Enrichment / Child Development
- Illinois | Curriculum Or Program Design
- Michigan | Teaching And Learning
- Missouri | Learning Environment And Curriculum
- Nebraska | Planning Learning Experiences And Curriculum
- Oklahoma | Learning Environments And Curriculum
- South Dakota | Learning Environments
- Wisconsin | Learning Experiences, Strategies, And Curriculum
- CDA | Advancing Children’s Physical And Intellectual Development
Age Group Focus
- Toddlers (12 months to 36 months)
- Preschool (36 months to 5 years)
- School-Age (5 years to 12 years)
- Live sessions take place via the ZOOM meeting platform. After registering, you will receive an email with information about the training.
- All live sessions are recorded so that we can share the if any attendees experience technical problems.
- Learn more about navigating our trainings here.
- Browse our FAQs to learn more about trainings.
- This session is not National Administrator Credential approved
Jeff A Johnson–Jeff is an early learning speaker, podcast host and producer, content creator, author, and founder of Playvolution HQ and Explorations Early Learning. He has 26+ years of experience as a caregiver and has been an early learning trainer since 2000.
- Family Child Care Providers
- Child Care Center Teachers
- Child Care Center Directors
- Head Start Teachers
- Head Start Administrators
- Early Head Start Teachers
- Service Coordination Staff
- Technical Assistance Specialists
- Home Visitors
Based in part on the following books (Affiliate Links):
Certificates Of Completion
About Certificates Of Completion
While we hope you attend our sessions for the content, we know certificates are important. To receive a certificate, you must participate in the entire session, then complete and submit a short evaluation. Upon submission of the evaluation, a personalized PDF certificate is automatically generated and emailed to you. The link to the evaluation appears on the session’s landing page and can be accessed after the training ends.
There are too many organizations overseeing approval of early learning professional development for us to keep track of, but we know our trainings are accepted as follows:
Alberta | We have been informed that Alberta does not have a pre-approval process and that our certificates contain the required information to be accepted as in-service training.
British Columbia | Explorations Early Learning was told that in BC, “professional development is assessed on a case by case basis after the workshop has been completed, and the certificate has been received.” Our certificates contain all the information required for approval, and our sessions cover topics that are traditionally approved.
We have not yet had time to dig into approval requirements for in-service trainings in any Australian states. It’s on the to-do list.