Building Better Block Play Part 3
In the Building Better Block Play Part 3 on-demand session, we look at lots of DIY wooden block ideas, construction set ideas, and more ideas for supporting The CRASH as well as block care, block area organization, and more.
- Leave the session with ideas for making DIY wooden blocks
- Reflect on inspiring block play and block area organization
- Acquire ideas for block area constriction sets
This is a 120-minute training
Beginner / Intermediate
Competency Areas vary by region. Below are the competency area for this session in different regions with which we work:
- Alabama | Learning Experiences And Enrichment / Child Development
- Illinois | Curriculum Or Program Design
- Michigan | Teaching And Learning
- Missouri | Learning Environment And Curriculum
- Nebraska | Planning Learning Experiences And Curriculum
- Oklahoma | Learning Environments And Curriculum
- South Dakota | Learning Environments
- Wisconsin | Learning Experiences, Strategies, And Curriculum
- CDA | Advancing Children’s Physical And Intellectual Development
Age Group Focus
- Toddlers (12 months to 36 months)
- Preschool (36 months to 5 years)
- School-Age (5 years to 12 years)
- On-demand sessions take place on the Explorations Early Learning website
- After registering, you will receive an email with information about the training
- This is a self-paced training that you can complete as time allows
- After submission, quizzes are evaluated as soon as possible
- Learn more about navigating our trainings here
- Browse our FAQs to learn more about trainings
- This session is not National Administrator Credential approved
Jeff A Johnson–Jeff is an early learning speaker, podcast host and producer, content creator, author, and founder of Playvolution HQ and Explorations Early Learning. He has 26+ years of experience as a caregiver and has been an early learning trainer since 2000.
- Family Child Care Providers
- Child Care Center Teachers
- Child Care Center Directors
- Head Start Teachers
- Head Start Administrators
- Early Head Start Teachers
- Service Coordination Staff
- Technical Assistance Specialists
- Home Visitors
Based in part on the following books (Affiliate Links):
Certificates Of Completion
While there are too many organizations overseeing the approval of early learning professional development for us to keep track of, we know this training is accepted as follows:
This session is pre-approved as professional development in IL, NE, MI, OK, MO, and WI.
This session is accepted as professional development in Alabama, Arizona, and South Dakota.
Alberta | We have been informed that Alberta does not have a pre-approval process and that our certificates contain the required information to be accepted as in-service training.
British Columbia | Explorations Early Learning was told that in BC, “professional development is assessed on a case by case basis after the workshop has been completed, and the certificate has been received.” Our certificates contain all the information required for approval, and our sessions cover topics that are traditionally approved.
After completing all the session’s lessons and quizzes, we’ll email a link to a session evaluation. Complete this evaluation, and a personalized PDF certificate of participation is generated and emailed to you.