11/29/2023 | Play And The 8 Sensory Systems
From squishing sticky sensory play concoctions to spinning on the swings, play literally helps children wire and connect their brains and nervous systems. This session examines how that process works, looks at the body’s 8 sensory systems, and offers up ideas for supporting play that nourishes those systems.
- Understand the role of Play in wiring the brain and nervous system
- Learn about the human body’s 8 sensory systems
- Acquire ideas for supporting play that nourishes all 8 sensory systems
Date, Time & Length
This 60-minute session takes place 11/29/2023 starting at 7:00pm Central Time, USA.
(Eastern 8:00pm | Mountain 6:00pm | Pacific 5:00pm)
Beginner / Intermediate
Competency Areas vary by region. Below are the competency area for this session in different regions with which we work:
- Alabama | Learning Experiences And Enrichment / Child Development
- Illinois | Curriculum Or Program Design
- Michigan | Teaching And Learning
- Missouri | Learning Environment And Curriculum
- Nebraska | Planning Learning Experiences And Curriculum
- Oklahoma | Learning Environments And Curriculum
- South Dakota | Learning Environments
- Wisconsin | Learning Experiences, Strategies, And Curriculum
- CDA | Advancing Children’s Physical And Intellectual Development
Age Group Focus
- Toddlers (12 months to 36 months)
- Preschool (36 months to 5 years)
- School-Age (5 years to 12 years)
- Live sessions take place via the ZOOM meeting platform. After registering, you will receive an email with information about the training.
- All live sessions are recorded so that we can share the if any attendees experience technical problems.
- Learn more about navigating our trainings here.
- Browse our FAQs to learn more about trainings.
- This session is not National Administrator Credential approved
Jeff A Johnson–Jeff is an early learning speaker, podcast host and producer, content creator, author, and founder of Playvolution HQ and Explorations Early Learning. He has 26+ years of experience as a caregiver and has been an early learning trainer since 2000.
- Family Child Care Providers
- Child Care Center Teachers
- Child Care Center Directors
- Head Start Teachers
- Head Start Administrators
- Early Head Start Teachers
- Service Coordination Staff
- Technical Assistance Specialists
- Home Visitors
Based in part on the following books (Affiliate Links):