Playing With Measuring
From beakers to yardsticks, supporting play with measuring tools is a great way to help children bump in to opportunities for STEM learning–and lots of other learning as well. This self-paced on-demand training looks at the value of measuring play, recommended measuring tools, and ideas for supporting child-led measurement play.
- Understand the wide range of learning that can take place during measurement play
- Explore a variety of measuring tools that can easily be added to early learning settings
- Collect ideas for implementing and supporting child-led measurement play
This is a 90-minute training
Beginner / Intermediate
Competency Areas vary by region. Below are the competency area for this session in different regions with which we work:
- Alabama | Learning Experiences And Enrichment / Child Development
- Illinois | Curriculum Or Program Design
- Michigan | Teaching And Learning
- Missouri | Learning Environment And Curriculum
- Nebraska | Planning Learning Experiences And Curriculum
- Oklahoma | Learning Environments And Curriculum
- South Dakota | Learning Environments
- Wisconsin | Learning Experiences, Strategies, And Curriculum
- CDA | Advancing Children’s Physical And Intellectual Development
Age Group Focus
- Toddlers (12 months to 36 months)
- Preschool (36 months to 5 years)
- School-Age (5 years to 12 years)
- On-demand sessions take place on the Explorations Early Learning website
- After registering, you will receive an email with information about the training
- This is a self-paced training that you can complete as time allows
- After submission, quizzes are evaluated as soon as possible
- Learn more about navigating our trainings here
- Browse our FAQs to learn more about trainings
- This session is not National Administrator Credential approved
Jeff A Johnson–Jeff is an early learning speaker, podcast host and producer, content creator, author, and founder of Playvolution HQ and Explorations Early Learning. He has 26+ years of experience as a caregiver and has been an early learning trainer since 2000.
- Family Child Care Providers
- Child Care Center Teachers
- Child Care Center Directors
- Head Start Teachers
- Head Start Administrators
- Early Head Start Teachers
- Service Coordination Staff
- Technical Assistance Specialists
- Home Visitors
Based in part on the following books (Affiliate Links):
Certificates Of Completion
While there are too many organizations overseeing the approval of early learning professional development for us to keep track of, we know this training is accepted as follows:
This session is pre-approved as professional development in IL, NE, MI, OK, MO, and WI.
This session is accepted as professional development in Alabama, Arizona, and South Dakota.
Alberta | We have been informed that Alberta does not have a pre-approval process and that our certificates contain the required information to be accepted as in-service training.
British Columbia | Explorations Early Learning was told that in BC, “professional development is assessed on a case by case basis after the workshop has been completed, and the certificate has been received.” Our certificates contain all the information required for approval, and our sessions cover topics that are traditionally approved.
After completing all the session’s lessons and quizzes, we’ll email a link to a session evaluation. Complete this evaluation, and a personalized PDF certificate of participation is generated and emailed to you.