10/25/2023 | Trusting Kids As Learners
Children are wired for learning–they are good at it, eager to do it, and driven to it. Yet, too often, they are not supported in leading their own learning. Based on ideas from our book, Let Them Play, this session is about trusting kids as learners and creating environments where they are empowered and supported in leading their learning.
- Understand why children should be supported in leading their own learning
- Leave with ideas for creating more trusting early learning environments
- Understand that curriculum should grow from the children’s interests and existing knowledge of the world
Date, Time & Length
This 60-minute session takes place 10/25/2023 starting at 7:00pm Central Time, USA.
(Eastern 8:00pm | Mountain 6:00pm | Pacific 5:00pm)
Beginner / Intermediate
Competency Areas vary by region. Below are the competency area for this session in different regions with which we work:
- Alabama | Learning Experiences And Enrichment / Child Development
- Illinois | Curriculum Or Program Design
- Michigan | Teaching And Learning
- Missouri | Learning Environment And Curriculum
- Nebraska | Planning Learning Experiences And Curriculum
- Oklahoma | Learning Environments And Curriculum
- South Dakota | Learning Environments
- Wisconsin | Learning Experiences, Strategies, And Curriculum
- CDA | Advancing Children’s Physical And Intellectual Development
Age Group Focus
- Infants (birth to 12 months)
- Toddlers (12 months to 36 months)
- Preschool (36 months to 5 years)
- School-Age (5 years to 12 years)
- Live sessions take place via the ZOOM meeting platform. After registering, you will receive an email with information about the training.
- All live sessions are recorded so that we can share the if any attendees experience technical problems.
- Learn more about navigating our trainings here.
- Browse our FAQs to learn more about trainings.
- This session is not National Administrator Credential approved
Jeff A Johnson–Jeff is an early learning speaker, podcast host and producer, content creator, author, and founder of Playvolution HQ and Explorations Early Learning. He has 26+ years of experience as a caregiver and has been an early learning trainer since 2000.
- Family Child Care Providers
- Child Care Center Teachers
- Child Care Center Directors
- Head Start Teachers
- Head Start Administrators
- Early Head Start Teachers
- Service Coordination Staff
- Technical Assistance Specialists
- Home Visitors
Based in part on the following books (Affiliate Links):