Building Early Math Skills With Play | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- How To Make Sure Your Math Anxiety Doesn’t Make Your Kids Hate Math
- 7 Super Simple Measurement Play Ideas
- Children may instinctively know how to do division even before hitting the books, study finds
- Beachside Coffee Shop Math Class
- Is Your Brain Wired for Numbers?
- Respect The PRE
- Block Play Improves Early Math Skills for Preschoolers
- Most preschool math, literacy apps not designed to help children learn, study finds
- Q&A — Learning Math Through Carpentry With ‘Wise Young Builders’: Founder Elijah Moses on Learning Pods, Exposing More Students to Trades & Post-Pandemic Schooling
- When teachers think differently about themselves as math learners, students benefit
- Better Teacher Preparation in Math Can Break Down Barriers to STEM for Girls, Students of Color & Low-Income Kids
- Block Play, Math, and Literacy
- Block play could improve your child’s math skills, executive functioning
- A New Push for Play-Based Learning: Why Districts Say It’s Leading to More Engaged Students, Collaborative Classmates … and Better Grades
- 6 x 7 = Yikes! Coaching Teachers Past Their Math Anxiety
- Small World Play
- Your brain uses different neurons to add and subtract
- The 5 Principles Of Counting
- OPINION: We mustn’t make preschool less fun for the 4-year-olds who need more help
Some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Free Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Free Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Free Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Free Forms | Frequency Count Observation
- Free Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Observation Form
Links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
Upcoming live and on-demand trainings at the links below: