Cows In The Basement | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that changing your early learning environment can be challenging, and we want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions or comments or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links to resources related to this training:
- Folk And Fairy Tales
- A Child’s Work: The Importance of Fantasy Play
- Playful Parenting
- The Case For Make Believe | Quote 00436
- The Case For Make Believe | Quote 01287
- The Uses Of Enchantment | Quote 03387
- The Importance Of Being Little | Quote 02335
- 5 Tips For Tolerating Death Play
- Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul
- A playful approach to learning means more imagination and exploration
- Killing Monsters
- Superhero Play
- The Case For Make Believe: Saving Play in a Commercialized World
- Power Play
- Small World Play
- Dramatic Play World Building Cycle
- Loose Parts Play
- In The Process Of Trying
Some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Free Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Free Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Free Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Free Forms | Frequency Count Observation
- Free Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Observation Form
Links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
Upcoming live and on-demand trainings at the links below: