Caring For The Caregiver | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- Finding Flow: The Psychology of Engagement with Everyday Life
- Finding Your Smile Again: A Child Care Professional’s Guide to Reducing Stress and Avoiding Burnout
- Making Habits, Breaking Habits: Why We Do Things, Why We Don’t, and How to Make Any Change Stick
- Keeping Your Smile: Caring for Children with Joy, Love, and Intention
- Atomic Habits
- Do The Work: Overcome Resistance And Get Out Of Your Own Way
- People add by default even when subtraction makes more sense
- From FOMO to JOMO
- Empty Calorie Self Care
- Change | Start Smaller
- Mindset | Get To vs Have To
- Making Change Playful
- The Change You Need Is Your Responsibility
- Seth Godin | Quieting the Lizard Brain
- Steven Pressfield | Overcoming Resistance
You can also browse and search another 150 or so self-care and change-related articles here.
Here are some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
Here are some links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
You’ll find more live and on-demand trainings at the links below: