Defining Play | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Handout | Johnson’s Stages Of Block Play
- Handout | Understanding Rough And Tumble Play
- Handout | Joan Almon On Play
- Handout | Dramatic Play World Building Cycle
- Handout | Ellen Sandseter’s 6 Categories Of Risky Play
- Free Play
- Small World Play
- Superhero Play
- Power Play
- Water Play
- Object Play
- Heavy Work
- Sensory Play
- Cooperative Play
- Loose Parts Play
- Associative Play
- Horse Play
- Death Play
- 100+ More Play-Related Links
Here are some links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
You’ll find more live and on-demand trainings at the links below: