Dirt Between Their Toes | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- More from Nicole at inspiredec.com
- Dear Parent: Caring for Infants With Respect
- Infants, Toddlers, and Caregivers: A Curriculum of Respectful, Responsive, Relationship-Based Care and Education
- Prime Times: A Handbook for Excellence in Infant and Toddler Programs
- Babies In The Rain
- Secure Relationships: Nurturing Infant-Toddler Attachment in Early Care Settings
- The Philosophical Baby
- The Scientist In The Crib
- Children Should be Outside for 4-6 Hours Every Day
- How Outdoor Play Can Prepare Your Child For Nursery School
- Survey Finds Today’s Children Are Spending 35% Less Time Playing Freely Outside
- Wonder Curiosity and Core Experiences
- Concerns raised over number of children not engaging with nature
- Why Kids Don’t Like Getting Dirty Anymore, and Why It’s a Problem
- The Last Generation of Kids That Played Outside
- Self-Motivated Babies – Learning How To Learn
- Baby Geniuses: How Surprises Help Infants Learn
- Go Figure, Babies Want To Engage
- Baby Knows Best: Raising a Confident and Resourceful Child, the RIE Way
- Balanced and Barefoot: How Unrestricted Outdoor Play Makes for Strong, Confident, and Capable Children
- Forms | Early Learning Activity Benefit / Risk Assessment
- Loose Parts Ideas
Here are some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
Here are some links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
You’ll find more live and on-demand trainings at the links below: