Do It Yourself Early Literacy | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- DIY | Fabric Covered Books
- DIY | Freezer Bag Books
- DIY | Hole Punch Books
- DIY | Jumbo Milk Jug Blocks
- DIY | Chalkboard Sign
- DIY | Chalkboard Panels
- DIY | Sidewalk Chalk
- Environmental Print
- Children’s Book Recommendations
- Rhymes And Songs
- Fairy And Folk Tales
- Three Ways Nursery Rhymes Build Language Skills
- The Role of Environmental Print in Early Development
- Trying to Encourage a Preschooler’s Writing Skills? Stop Doing What You’ve Been Doing!
- I don’t want my son to read in kindergarten
- Four Things Worse Than Not Learning To Read In Kindergarten
- Video | The Linguistic Genius of Babies by Patricia Kuhl
- Humans are born with brains ‘prewired’ to see words
- Tips For Supporting Early Literacy
- Handheld screen time linked with speech delays in young children
- Too Much Background Noise May Inhibit Toddler’s Language Learning Skills
- Video | Conducting An Early Learning Book Audit
- Handout | Conducting An Early Learning Book Audit
Here are some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
Here are some links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
You’ll find more live and on-demand trainings at the links below: