Do It Yourself STEM Play | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- Did invention make us human?
- From STEM To STTRREAMM : Real PLAY Is The Answer
- Everything You Wanted to Know About STEM Activities for Toddlers
- Better Teacher Preparation in Math Can Break Down Barriers to STEM for Girls, Students of Color & Low-Income Kids
- To see more women in science, deal with test-taking anxiety in girls
- Five things parents can do every day to help develop STEM skills from a young age
- Kids in STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- Play Doughing With Temperature
- Four Reasons To Let Them Mix The Play Dough
- Avoid Making Loose Parts Less Loose
- Five Reasons To DIY With Kids
- CCBAG_0211 stem…steam…stream…PLAY
- CCBAG_0453 STEM Revisited
- CCBAG_0584 Top Five Preschool STEM Materials
- TNT_0040 Shovel Catapult STEM Play
- QA_0039 STEM aka The Child Scientist
- DIY | Penny Cleaning Experiments
- Fun With Fungus
- Handout | The 6 Classic Simple Machines
- DIY | Mini Launcher
- DIY | Classroom Pulley System
- Simple Machines | Lever
- Simple Machines | Wedge
- Simple Machines | Pulley
- Simple Machines | Inclined Plane
- Simple Machines | Screw
- Simple Machines | Wheel And Axle
Here are some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
Here are some links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
You’ll find more live and on-demand trainings at the links below: