Playing With Measuring | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- 6 x 7 = Yikes! Coaching Teachers Past Their Math Anxiety
- How To Make Sure Your Math Anxiety Doesn’t Make Your Kids Hate Math
- Most preschool math, literacy apps not designed to help children learn, study finds
- Better Teacher Preparation in Math Can Break Down Barriers to STEM for Girls, Students of Color & Low-Income Kids
- A Critical Calculation Supporting the Inclusion of Math in Early Childhood Degree Programs
- Children may instinctively know how to do division even before hitting the books, study finds
- When teachers think differently about themselves as math learners, students benefit
- Q&A — Learning Math Through Carpentry With ‘Wise Young Builders’: Founder Elijah Moses on Learning Pods, Exposing More Students to Trades & Post-Pandemic Schooling
- Block Play Improves Early Math Skills for Preschoolers
- Block play could improve your child’s math skills, executive functioning
- Block Play, Math, and Literacy
- Selecting Woodworking Tools For Kids Part 3: Measuring, Marking, And Leveling Tools
- Kids in STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- Your brain uses different neurons to add and subtract
Here are some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
Here are some links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
You’ll find more live and on-demand trainings at the links below: