Trusting Kids As Learners | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- Handout | Joan Almon On Play
- Free to Learn: Why Unleashing the Instinct to Play Will Make Our Children Happier, More Self-Reliant, and Better Students for Life
- Balanced and Barefoot: How Unrestricted Outdoor Play Makes for Strong, Confident, and Capable Children
- Let Them Play: An Early Learning (Un)Curriculum
- Lisa Murphy on Play: The Foundation of Children’s Learning
- Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul
- The Value of Play I: The Definition of Play Gives Insights
- Handout | 10 Common Early Childhood Schemas
- What are Schemas in Children’s Play?
- Schemas in Early Years – Learning through play
- What are Play Schemas?
- Play Schemas: the secret to a successful invitation to play!
Some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Free Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Free Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Free Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Free Forms | Frequency Count Observation
- Free Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Observation Form
Links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
Upcoming live and on-demand trainings at the links below: