Understanding Heavy Work | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- Heavy Work
- 5 Simple Ways to Support “Heavy Work”
- CCBAG_0696 Heavy Work Makes You Happy
- Sensory Benefits of Heavy Work Activities
Some Loose Parts That Support Heavy Work
- Bowling Balls
- Cable Spools
- Composite Decking
- Log Slices
- Milk Crates
- Rims And Tires
- Toy Trucks
- Wood Chips And Shavings
- Wooden I Beams
- Wooden Pallets
Some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Free Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Free Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Free Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Free Forms | Frequency Count Observation
- Free Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Observation Form
Links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
Upcoming live and on-demand trainings at the links below: