Here’s answers to some common questions about attending one of our live on-line trainings via the ZOOM meeting platform. This FAQ focuses on the ZOOM experience. If you have questions about other aspects of our live on-line trainings, check out this FAQ.
Can I join a test meeting to familiarize myself with ZOOM?
You sure can.
Visit http://zoom.us/test and follow the prompts to join a test meeting, where you can test your systems audio and video and familiarize yourself with the ZOOM platform.
You can also check this link to learn more about how ZOOM works on your device.
The test meeting link is also a good way to test your internet connection with ZOOM.
How do I join a ZOOM meeting?
After registering for a session you will receive a confirmation email with the session’s link, meeting ID, and password.
When it is time for the meeting, you can log on via that link from most any PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android device with a decent internet connection. Your default browser may ask for permission to open ZOOM. If so, you’ll have to grant permission to join the session.
If you have installed the iOS or Android App on your mobile device or the desktop client software on your PC or MAC, you will probably be asked if you want to open the ZOOM software instead of joining via your browser.
Should I download the ZOOM app/desktop client?
You can join a ZOOM meeting via the most popular web browsers without downloading the ZOOM software. The ZOOM software does offer some enhanced viewing and participation options.
If you’re only attending one ZOOM meeting, there’s probably no reason to download the software, but if you plan to attend multiple events it is probably worth the time and effort.
Where do I download the ZOOM app?
When should I sign in for my session?
It’s best to sign in 5-10 minutes before the session’s scheduled start time so you can adjust your audio and video settings and settle in for the session. It also provides some time to manage any technical problems you may have.
Any tips for making the most of the ZOOM meeting experience?
Here are a few tips:
- Mute your microphone when not speaking.
- Consider wearing headphones or earbuds if you are joining the meeting from a noisy environment.
- Make use of the platform’s chat feature if you have questions or comments.
- Be prepared to take part in the session and share your attention as well as questions and ideas.
- If you share your video feed, remember that everything your camera sees is shared with everyone attending the meeting.
- If you plan to vacuum, fold laundry, play Tetris, or generally loud and/or distracting during a session, mute both your audio and video feed. Your actions can be distracting to other participants and the speaker.
What if I have questions about attending a ZOOM session?
If your question was not answered in the FAQ, please contact us and we will do our best to get you an answer.