Playing With The 8 Sensory Systems | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- Sensory Play
- Sensory Integration
- Handout | We Experience The World Through These Eight Sensory Systems
- Object Play
- Visual Discrimination
- Heavy Work
- TNT_0007 Sensory Integration
- Balanced and Barefoot: How Unrestricted Outdoor Play Makes for Strong, Confident, and Capable Children
- It’s raining, it’s pouring… but we’re going outside anyway!
- Brain Rule #09 | Sensory Integration
- TACTILE INPUT: SENSORY PROCESSING EXPLAINED
- Use Your Outside Voice!
- What is Sensory Play?
- 4 Benefits of Sensory Play
- Taming The Mess
- Tip-Toeing Into Mud Play
- DIY | Ice Cube Blocks
- DIY | Frozen Oobleck
- Play Doughing With Temperature
- Children Should be Outside for 4-6 Hours Every Day
- Containerized Kids
- Handout | 11 Developmental Steps To Walking
- Vestibular System: Bring Back Playground Equipment with a Little Danger
- Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder
Some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Free Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Free Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Free Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Free Forms | Frequency Count Observation
- Free Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Observation Form
Links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
Upcoming live and on-demand trainings at the links below: