Simple Machines In The Preschool Classroom | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- Handout | The 6 Classic Simple Machines
- Simple Machines | Lever
- Simple Machines | Inclined Plane
- Simple Machines | Pulley
- Simple Machines | Screw
- Simple Machines | Wheel And Axle
- Simple Machines | Wedge
- DIY | Classroom Pulley System
- DIY | Mini Launcher
- DIY | Ball Peen Hammer And Chisel Work
- DIY | Hammering Station Ideas
- Selecting Woodworking Tools For Kids Part 1: Safety Gear
- Selecting Woodworking Tools For Kids Part 2: Pounding Tools
- Selecting Woodworking Tools For Kids Part 3: Measuring, Marking, And Leveling Tools
- Selecting Woodworking Tools For Kids Part 4: Clamps
- Five things parents can do every day to help develop STEM skills from a young age
Some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Free Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Free Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Free Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Free Forms | Frequency Count Observation
- Free Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Observation Form
Links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
Upcoming live and on-demand trainings at the links below: