The Seven Stages Of Block Play | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- Handout | Johnson’s Stages Of Block Play
- About Harriet Johnson
- Book | Johnson’s The Art Of Block Building (PDF)
- Book | The Block Book
- Book | Creative Block Play
- Article | Block play could improve your child’s math skills, executive functioning
- Article | Block Play Improves Early Math Skills for Preschoolers
- Article | Block Play, Math, and Literacy
- Research | GET A BIGGER CARPET! I’M MAKING A TRACK!
- Observation Forms
- Handout | 10 Common Early Childhood Schemas
- NERD_0089 Heather and Lisa, Sitting in the Block Corner Part 2
- NERD_0088 Heather and Lisa, Sitting in the Block Corner Part 1
- CCBAG_0063 Blocks
- NERD_0030 Blocks, Cleaning Up and Heather’s Bad Mood
- Book | Free To Learn by Peter Gray
- Book | Let Them Play by Jeff A Johnson And Denita Dinger
Some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Free Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Free Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Free Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Free Forms | Frequency Count Observation
- Free Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Observation Form
Links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
Upcoming live and on-demand trainings at the links below: