Do It Yourself Block Ideas | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- DIY | Container Blocks
- DIY | Mud Blocks
- DIY | Jumbo Milk Jug Blocks
- DIY | Concrete Blocks
- DIY Video | DIY Index Card Blocks
- DIY Video | More DIY Index Card Blocks
- DIY | Pool Noodle Blocks
- DIY Video | DIY Pool Noodle Blocks
- DIY | Book Blocks
- DIY | Ice Cube Blocks
- Block Play, Math, and Literacy
- Blocks, Play, Screen Time And The Infant Mind
- Building Character Through Block Play
- Block Play Improves Early Math Skills for Preschoolers
- Why Legos Have Stood the Test of Time
- Block play could improve your child’s math skills, executive functioning
- The Importance of Block Play for Preschool Children
- Ten Things Children Learn From Block Play
- Five Reasons To Love Long Flat Blocks
- Dig Those Asymmetrical Blocks
- GET A BIGGER CARPET! I’M MAKING A TRACK!
- Handout | Johnson’s Stages Of Block Play
Some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Free Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Free Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Free Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Free Forms | Frequency Count Observation
- Free Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Observation Form
Links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
Upcoming live and on-demand trainings at the links below: