Supporting ‘Bad’ Behavior | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
- Heavy Work
- 5 Simple Ways to Support “Heavy Work”
- Superhero Play
- Power Play
- What are Play Schemas?
- Handout | 10 Common Early Childhood Schemas
- What are Schemas in Children’s Play?
- Babies in the Oven and Handbags filled with Blocks: Understanding Schema Play
- Schemas in Early Years – Learning through play
- Play Schemas: the secret to a successful invitation to play!
- Balanced and Barefoot
- Coffeehouse Ballerinas
- Supporting School Readiness With Power Play
- Supporting School Readiness With Heavy Work
- We Might Be Wrong About How Children Understand The Minds of Others at a Young Age
- Handout | Power Play
- Handout | Heavy Work
Some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Free Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Free Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Free Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Free Forms | Frequency Count Observation
- Free Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Observation Form
Links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
Upcoming live and on-demand trainings at the links below: