Supporting Play And Learning Through Observation | Resource Page
Thanks for taking part in this training.
We know that making changes to your early learning environment can be challenging and want to do everything we can to support your effort. Below are links to related resources you may find helpful.
You may also like this Play Environment Action Plan form we put together–it’s designed to help you meet goals you set for changing your play space.
If you have questions, comments, or need support, you can reach out below in the comments or contact Jeff privately.
Here are links with resources related to this training:
Links to forms discussed in the session:
- Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Forms | Frequency Count Observation Form
- Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Forms | Child Observation Form
Other related links:
- The Art of Awareness: How Observation Can Transform Your Teaching
- Really Seeing Children: A Collection of Teaching and Learning Stories
- Observation in Early Childhood Play
Links to podcast episodes related to observation:
- CCBAG_0383 Observation And Documentation Part 1
- CCBAG_0384 Observation And Documentation Part 2
- CCBAG_0495 Observation Forms | Frequency Count
- CCBAG_0496 Observation Forms |Play Space Traffic Study
Some general resources related to play:
- Handout | Gray’s Conditions Of Play
- Handout | Bruce’s 12 Features Of Play
- Handout | Smilansky’s Types Of Play
- Handout | Parten’s Stages Of Play
- Is It Real Play, Play-Like, Or Not Play?
- Free Forms | ABC Event Sampling Record
- Free Forms | DAP Observation Form
- Free Forms | Play Space Traffic Study Form
- Free Forms | Frequency Count Observation
- Free Forms | Play Environment Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Running Record Form
- Free Forms | Child Observation Form
Links to resources at Playvolution HQ:
Upcoming live and on-demand trainings at the links below: